[lltx] status of lua-inputenc

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Thu May 27 11:08:41 CEST 2010

Le 27/05/2010 11:01, Will Robertson a écrit :
> CTAN contains the following packages:
>
> macros/latex/exptl/lualatex/lua-inputenc/
>
> macros/luatex/latex/luainputenc/
>
> The former was written by Javier Bezos in 2008.
> The latter is being currently developed by Elie.
>
> I think having them both there is significantly confusing. Can we organise
> something to merge the two, at the very least?

It is obviously desirable.

But, fwiw, I'd like to add that lua-inputenc is currently not distributed in TL
(most probably due to being in exptl on ctan).

Also, at first glance, after just having a quick look at lua-inputenc's README,
I'm under the impression it is sort of superseded by luainputenc. But of course
we need to check that more thoroughly before taking any decision.

Manuel.