[lltx] CTAN release

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Fri May 21 09:28:00 CEST 2010

Le 21/05/2010 04:08, Will Robertson a écrit :
> Unless I'm mistaken, we're now pretty much ready to upload the lua* packages.

Right. Everything except fontenc & euenc was upload like a week ago. I guess
only luaotfload needs re-uploading.

> Like I wrote earlier, I think fontspec is now ready to be tested although
> there's still improvements that should be made to the documentation. The main
> details are there, however.

Great.

> How do we get people to test the release? We ideally need people running
> TL2010, since luaotfload won't work on 2009 binaries, but is there anyone
> doing that yet?

Besides me and a few people running TL out of the SVN tree, I don't think so :-)
But, binaries are being commited as we speak (since two days now), so I think
full prestest images will be available in a matter of days.

So, my opinion is to wait for TL pretest images to be available, and ask people
to test from there.

> In which case (correct me if I'm wrong) before we release we
> need to write a readme for "lualatex installation and testing" so people can
>

> (a) get the right binaries for LuaTeX
> (b) install the lua* packages
> (c) install fontspec & xltxtra
> (d) run mkluatexfontdb.lua

Sounds a bit complicated IMO, compared to waiting a few days. (Additionally,
we'll loose^Wspend time explaining users what to do and debugging their
installation about such nasty things as TEXMFDIST/tex/xelatex taking precedence
over TEXMFHOME/tex/latex with xelatex, etc, time which may be better spend
hacking or documenting things.)

Manuel.