[lltx] otfload licences

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Thu May 20 09:34:47 CEST 2010

Le 20/05/2010 09:25, Elie Roux a écrit :
> To make it clear maybe a paragraph in the readme saying that the whole
> package is distributed under GPL would help... Anyway if you really like
> legal things, you should put a COPYING file in git containing the GPLv2
> text, it's part of the license...
>
> So, what exactly is the point of going all-GPL? It simplifies a little
> bit, but gives some useless restrictions to some files.

Okay, so what about adding a COPYING or LICENCE file clearly stating the following:
- the whole package is published under GPL
- more precisely:
  - <list of context files> are derived from ConTeXt, original copyright <I
didn't check>, GPL v2.
  - <list of new files> may be used, distributed and modified under the terms of
CC0.

I don't disagree with the idea of putting some files under a "freeer"
(non-copyleft) licence, but I think it'll help people if at first glance, they
can identify a single licence for the whole package (and discover only later
that some files are more freely usable).

Manuel.