[lltx] kpse.init_prog and texconfig table

Elie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Wed May 19 21:25:33 CEST 2010

Hello,

after some experimentation, it seems that a call to kpse.init_prog is a
good thing to keep the behaviour normal for pk fonts... The problem is
that otf-font-nms seems a weird place to make that call, it would be
better for it to be in the format. Also after some readings of the
luatex manual, I  also think it would definitely be a good thing to have
the texconfig table filled... The problem is that it's the format which
would be supposed to do so normally.

We cannot achieve putting some lua code cleanly in the format for
TeXLive 2010 (at least I don't think so), but a temporary solution would
be to build a new part of luatexbase (luatexbase-init?) to do so. It
would contain the call to kpse.init_prog and also the initalization of
the texconfig table... what do you think about it? It would be a good
occasion to test it before integrating it in the format.

Thank you,
--
Elie