[lltx] Regarding fontspec

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Wed May 19 11:18:13 CEST 2010

On 19/05/2010, at 4:45 PM, Elie Roux wrote:

> it should be tested for both cases.

Without digging too far, I can confirm that:

1. Without OSFONTDIR, all texmf fonts and system fonts are located.

2. With OSFONTDIR, all texmf fonts and fonts found in OSFONTDIR are located. (Because OSFONTDIR is inherited by OPENTYPEFONTS in texmf.cnf.)

Is this actually what we want to happen?
Or would the following instead be better?

2b. With OSFONTDIR, all texmf fonts and system fonts are located and ALSO all fonts in OSFONTDIR.

This makes more sense to me, personally -- in that users would like to add extra directories to their font-search-path -- but it doesn't really make sense with the name of "OSFONTDIR".

-- Will