[lltx] Ignoring select fonts

Elie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Sun May 16 17:10:51 CEST 2010

Will Robertson a écrit :
> I know this is a pretty inefficient approach but first things first, right.
> When this is run, I get warnings such as this turning up non-systematically:
>
> texlua(62003) malloc: *** error for object 0x327860: pointer being freed was not allocated
> *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
>
> Every now and then it causes a more serious problem:
>
> texlua(61939) malloc: *** mmap(size=2097152) failed (error code=12)
> *** error: can't allocate region
> *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
> luaotfload | loading font: /Users/will/Library/Fonts/CharisSILI.ttfnot enough memory
>
> (Sometimes instead a segfault, sometimes a bus error.)
>
> This is beyond my capability to debug in my present post-hangover state. (Tips on exactly what to do here greatly appreciated, however.)

For memory leaks and errors, the best way to debug is to use valgrind.
There is a very experimental port to Mac OSX, but I think it would be a
good first start. If you manage to make it run, run it with maximum
verbosity (there are quite a lot of options) on the execution that
causes errors, and send the restults to luatex-dev. Anyway, these errors
seem quite serious :(

Thank you,
--
Elie