[lltx] mkluatexfontdb & Mac OS X
elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Sun May 16 16:53:46 CEST 2010
Khaled Hosny a écrit :
>> Scratch that; using "~" is no good. I've pushed a fix to that line that you can use as inspiration if you like :)
Thank you, I'll update the script with it.
>> Without $OSFONTDIR, the script searches through the static font locations recursively. But if you set $OSFONTDIR to those locations, it then searches through them non-recursively. I guess the biggest confusion is why scan_texmf_tree uses osdirs to search through non-texmf locations. And in doing so, what is the purposes of OSFONTDIR?
In fact there is some black kpse magick underneath OSFONTDIR (or more
the way it's included in OPENTYPEFONTS) that makes it searched at the
top level and also in subdirectories... it's not recursive but almost.
> For TEXMF tree font directories, kpse returns the individual
> subdirectories, AFAICT, so I felt there is no need to scan them
> recursively, while OSFONTDIR is returned as is i.e. if I set
> OSFONTDIR=~/.fonts, kpse will just return this so I had to scan it
I think this is wrong for OSFONTDIR, in my tests it was scanned also at
sublevel, for example if I set OSFONTDIR to /usr/share/fonts it will
find the fonts in it, even if they are under subdirectories (but not
subsubdirectories). But maybe I did something wrong in my tests...
More information about the lualatex-dev