[lltx] kpse and texlua

Elie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Sat May 15 22:17:45 CEST 2010

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard a écrit :
 > Thinking of it, I'm not sure if a "vanilla" luatex binary can work with a
 > Debian-ised TeX Live, since the relative path are not at all the
same. Can you
 > test with the Debian-provided binary?
 >
 > I'm very surprised that loading luatexbase.loader seems to solve the
problem. In
 > theory, it's essentially useless with luatex 0.60.x (once kpse is
initialised).

Here is the result with a debian luatex (exactly the same as with the
latest trunk built on my own):

eroux at norgz-laptop:~/lualatex/luaotfload$ texlua mkluatexfontdb.lua
mkluatexfontdb.lua:13: module 'lualibs' not found:
    no field package.preload['lualibs']
    [kpse lua searcher] file not found: 'lualibs'
    [kpse C searcher] file not found: 'lualibs'

In both cases, adding luatexbase.loader fixes everything... Don't you
think we should load it for the Debian distros?

Thank you,
--
Elie