[lltx] mkluatexfontdb & Mac OS X

Élie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Sat May 15 09:38:30 CEST 2010

2010/5/15 Will Robertson <wspr81 at gmail.com>:

> For a start, I'm not even sure how I got fontconfig on my machine; it's not part of Mac OS X but I think it turned up along with ImageMagick or some other similar program.

Or TeXLive?

> Long story short: skip fc-list if at all possible.

I don't really see the reason... why do you think we should do that?
fc-list is shipped with TeXLive, and even if not, causes no harm (the
Bus error has nothing to do with fc-list as far as I understand).

> export OSFONTDIR=~/Library/Fonts:/Library/Fonts:/System/Library/Fonts

In fact we use fc-list if OSFONTDIR is empty... but it would be easy
to add a check for OSX and to act as if was filled with the values you
just said. Anyway, are you sure it didn't work

> luaotfload ø loading font: /Library/Fonts/NISC18030.ttf./otfl-font-nms.lua:255: bad argument #1 to 'close' (fontloader.splinefont expected, got nil)
>
> I then get
>
> luaotfload | loading font: /Library/Fonts/华文楷体.ttf
> Bus error
>

> which again I can't diagnose.
>
> Any thoughts?

This looks like bugs in LuaTeX... sadly I think you are the only one
being in a position to report them, as I think you're the only one
working under OSX... Could you send me these fonts privately so that I
can test on my system to see if I get the errors too? In any case I
think the best would be to prepare two bugreports :(

Thank you,
--
Elie