[lltx] getting up to speed

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Fri May 14 13:13:12 CEST 2010

On 14/05/2010, at 7:53 PM, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:

> Unless I'm mistaken, luaotfload does require a LuaTeX more recent than the one
> in TL09.

In that case let it be said that from now on I'll be using/testing against whatever bleeding edge version turns up on my machine from luatex.org.

> I think the easiest way to do that is to grab a luatex binary from luatex.org
> and put it in your TL09's bin dir, assuming to installed a "vanilla" TL.

And then (if there's anyone reading this who's as unfamiliar with this process as I am) execute

sudo fmtutil-sys --byengine luatex

to rebuild your formats with the new version of LuaTeX.

Thanks!
(More progress later tonight.)

-- Will