[lltx] directlua

Heiko Oberdiek heiko.oberdiek at googlemail.com
Mon May 10 23:20:17 CEST 2010

Hello,

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 08:40:24PM +0300, Elie Roux wrote:

> I'm changing the code in luamplib, and I'm loading only
> luatexbase-modutils. The problem is that now I don't have the
> mapping directlua -> luadirect. This mapping was done when there was
> quite a madness about prefixing everything,

* Is \directlua always available?
  Or are there formats with undefined \directlua that is
  available as \luadirect?
* Anyway, you need to check for LuaTeX and it's version.
  I doubt, that you want to support *all* older LuaTeX versions.
  Also the syntax of \directlua has changed.

Package ifluatex.sty can be loaded by iniTeX and provides
\ifluatex, \luatexversion, and \luatexversion. It only
requires \directlua. Should I change this that in case
\directlua is not available that \luadirect is tried?

Yours sincerely
  Heiko Oberdiek