[lltx] luatexbase, luatextra etc.

Elie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Mon May 10 15:23:21 CEST 2010

Khaled Hosny a écrit :
> alt-getopt.lua is genric lua code with no luatex specific dependencies
> unlike most of current luaextra modules, so I'm not sure if it really
> makes sense.

I tend to disagree here: all the files in luaextra could very well fit
in any other lua program, it's just some high-level lua libraries, take
file or table for example, there is nothing luatex-specific in there...
So for me a package that would include some higher-level lua libraries
would make sense. Of course we cannot include everything, but the
minimum for a smooth package development would be nice, and I think it
would be reached with luaextra + alt-getopt (maybe some more things, but
this seems OK to me). Also IIRC there is no license problem in including
it. This would make more sense to me than more and more lua libraries
packages on the CTAN... Just to make sure: the plan is to include it in
the same package, not to load it by default (it doesn't really make sense).

Thank you,
--
Elie