[lltx] new tlmgr action

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon May 10 16:32:48 CEST 2010

On Mo, 10 Mai 2010, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> I'd say the script would run as part of installation process and
> whenever opentype fonts are installed. But since we also index system

There is by now no mechanism to trigger anything depending on specific
file types in tlmgr. We have package specific actions (which could of course
be donee by adding the call to the script to each package's script postaction),
and some "generic" for hyphenation patterns, font maps, formats.

Ok I am unclear.

We have now specific postaction type for opentype fonts, only for font maps.
But we can execute a script in postaction script.

On Mo, 10 Mai 2010, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:
> Is it a problem to run the script more often than necessary? (For example,
> whenever fonts of any type are installed.) If it's ok, I agree with Norbert that
> we whould run it whenever we run updmap-sys.

That is the idea, because in I guess (without checking) all cases where
otf fonts are installed as texlive package also some map file is installed.

Best wishes

Norbert
JAIST, Japan            TU Wien, Austria           Debian TeX Task Force