[lltx] directlua

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Tue May 11 01:32:53 CEST 2010

Le 10/05/2010 23:20, Heiko Oberdiek a écrit :
> * Is \directlua always available?

Yes. As AFAICS, it will always be.

>   Or are there formats with undefined \directlua that is
>   available as \luadirect?

No. \luadirect is only defined in a package (luatextra), not in any format.

> * Anyway, you need to check for LuaTeX and it's version.
>   I doubt, that you want to support *all* older LuaTeX versions.
>   Also the syntax of \directlua has changed.

Right. In luatexbase-compat, I try to provide something that basically works
with 0.25.4, 0.40.6 and 0.60.x at least, namely \luatxbase at directlua, that
expands either to \directlua or \directlua0 depending on the version.

> Package ifluatex.sty can be loaded by iniTeX and provides
> \ifluatex, \luatexversion, and \luatexversion. It only
> requires \directlua. Should I change this that in case
> \directlua is not available that \luadirect is tried?

No. To the best of my knowledge, there is nothing wrong with ifluatex.sty.

Manuel.