[lltx] packages list

Élie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Tue Mar 30 09:51:06 CEST 2010

Hello,

2010/3/30 Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard <mpg at elzevir.fr>:

>> luatextra:      loads luaextra+luatexbase+luaotfload; goodies (gen, luatex)

I think a good idea would be to make it load xltxtra under xetex... wdyt?

>> xltxtra:        loads basics & fontspec; goodies & patches (ltx, xetex)
>>                 Plan: extend it to luatex, maybe merge luatextra in later.

If I remember correctly, a check is done for luatex, it doesn't do
anything in this case (no error), for compatibility. Maybe it should
load luatextra too?

>> luainputenc:    input encoding & compat for fontenc (ltx, luatex)
>>                 Plan: add more modes, inc. one without active chars.

There is already one mode without active characters... but I don't
really see the point. Unless you mean really translate 8-bit encoding
to unicode? I don't think it's worth spending some time on it if you
want my opinion... the LIRC encoding works well and is fully
compatible; if we change it for real unicode, it will be less
compatible and some people may stick with old encodings (to use them
with OTF for example), and this seems totally wrong.

>> Coming next?
>>
>> lualatex-doc:   Overview of LuaLaTeX packages for user & dev (doc, luatex)
>>
>> luafontenc:     Support for old font encodings w/o active chars (ltx, luatex)
>>
>> luatex-def:     luatex.def file for graphics (ltx, luatex)

Sounds good! Except for luafontenc, but I already gave my opinion...

Thank you!
--
Elie