[lltx] Re: luamicrotype?

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Wed Mar 3 13:04:31 CET 2010

On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 09:26:10AM +0100, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Will Robertson a écrit :
> > But I agree with Robert that there's no point replacing an already-existing
> > implementation in TeX with a new one in Lua just because Lua is the more sane
> > programming language.
> >
> I strongly agree with both of you on this point.

And I've no strong feeling, as long as I don't have to maintain/hac the
TeX implementation, otherwise I strongly disagree.

In fact, I believe that only future for *TeX is to ditch all this years
old TeX macro hackary and start anew in lua (lua has no particular
feature here, it just happen to be the only sane programming language
available to TeX hackers). But as long as I don't have to write/maintain
this TeX code, I won't complain.