[lltx] [fontspec] selecting font features has no effect?

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Tue Mar 30 14:52:11 CEST 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 03:03:46PM +0300, Élie Roux wrote:
> 2010/3/30 Diederick C. Niehorster <dcnieho at gmail.com>:
> >
> > --- otfl-names.lua:
> > {
> >   ["checksum"]="F342E0175B3F2F8E22AF2FA67EB88D92",
> >   ["familyname"]="ArnoPro",
> >   ["filename"]="arnopro-italic.otf",
> >   ["fontname"]="ArnoPro-Italic",
> >   ["fontstyle_name"]="Italic",
> >   ["fullname"]="Arno Pro Italic",
> >   ["names"]={
> >    ["family"]="arnopro",
> >    ["fullname"]="ArnoPro-Italic",
> >    ["psname"]="ArnoPro-Italic",
> >    ["subfamily"]="Italic",
> >   },
> >   ["size"]={ 120, 140, 110 },
> >   ["slant"]=-11,
> >   ["weight"]=400,
> >   ["width"]=5,
> >  }
>
> Which otfl-names is it? Are you sure it is the one actually used by
> luaotfload? It never looks into the current directory (maybe it
> should?) and it looks first in the local directory then in the sys
> directory. Please try to remove all otfl-names.lua and to install only
> one in the local directory to see if you have the same result.

It'll not load one from local directory, as we explicitly use the full
path. I'm now wondering about the usefulness of letting user select
output directory for database if we never going to load it? May be I
should try to load the database using kpse as well (and kpse will load
it from current directory or some where else in texmf tree), if so,
should I check the default path first or last?