[lltx] euxunicode

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Jun 28 16:50:49 CEST 2010

Am Mon, 28 Jun 2010 14:14:42 +0300 schrieb Khaled Hosny:

> So I don't see how fixing the check in xunicode itself is different than
> cheating about it in another package.

The difference is that you can't fix the check in xunicode as it
isn't your package but you can write such a "cheating" package ;-)

Changing xunicode isn't an option currently. The only open options
are copying all the code of xunicode to another package and adapting
it (like euxunicode does it currently) or loading xunicode and using
its code by cheating a bit.

I prefer the second because (beside other considerations) I think it
makes maintaining easier. You don't have to correct wrong
declarations in two packages.  (luaotfload reuses a lot of context
files too, and for the same reason). Also using xunicode keeps the
door open in case Ross changes his mind.

--
Ulrike Fischer