[lltx] TTC fonts on MacOSX

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Fri Jun 25 17:58:58 CEST 2010

On Sun, Jun 06, 2010 at 11:55:43AM +0930, Will Robertson wrote:
> On 06/06/2010, at 8:09 AM, Khaled Hosny wrote:
>
> > Thinking again about Taco's remark on TTC fonts, I think the problem is
> > not in TTC fonts generally, but in Apple supplied TTC fonts. So I
> > suggest, instead of blacklisting all TTC fonts unconditionally, we
> > should explicitly blacklist the problematic ones (or even all TTC fonts
> > from Apple).
>
> That sounds like a very good idea.
> Happy to help with the testing, of course...

In the comming release, to be uploaded shortly, I re-enable ttc fonts on
macosx so that people can find the broken ones so we explicitly
blacklist them.

Any one on macosx is encouraged to run mkluatexfontdb with -v option and
find what file luatex is stuck with, files can then be added to
otfl-blacklist.cnf file one by one until the script runs smoothly, then
please send me the filename so we ship it with the package.

If we got nothing before texlive freeze, I'll have to globally disable
ttc fonts on macosx again.