[lltx] location of font cache /fontspec and microtype

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Thu Jun 24 19:41:57 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 10:34:03AM +0200, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> Am Thu, 24 Jun 2010 10:12:26 +0200 schrieb Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard:
>
> > Le 24/06/2010 09:56, Ulrike Fischer a écrit :
> >> I suggest also that you mention in the documentation *how* a lua
> >> script like mkluatexfontdb.lua can be run. E.g. on windows I had to
> >> use "texlua mkluatexfontdb.lua" which is not something a new
> >> lua(la)tex user can guess easily.
>
> > FYI, in TeX Live you can run mkluatexfontdb like any other command. But I agree
> > that documentation for other systems never hurt, though in practice TL is the
> > only distro shipping luatex atm.
>
> Bingo. I hadn't seen this, there is a mkluatexfontdb.exe in the bin
> folder of the w32tex package. I hadn't expected that because the
> documentation says you should run the *script*. An .exe is not a
> script for me. So I would suggest to write something like this:
>
> To update the database manually, run the script
> mkluatexfontdb.lua that is included in this package either by
> calling the wrapper application mkluatexfontdb.exe or with
> "texlua.exe mkluatexfontdb.lua"

But this is very Windows specific. The wrappers exist for all scripts in
a distribution, so I feel the user have to refer to his distribution
documentation to see how to run such a script. BTW, "luatex(.exe)
mkluatexfontdb.lua" will also work (if the input file has a .lua
extension then luatex will act as texlua.)