[lltx] Fail to compile documents with lualatex

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Thu Jun 10 13:01:10 CEST 2010

Le 10/06/2010 12:29, Yan Zhou a écrit :
> I have tested it with a plain tex file using luatex (compile the source of
> The Texbook with no problem,

Please use story.tex for your tests, texbook.tex is not meant to be compiled (or
don't say it on public mailing lists).

> So I though it is related to the lualatex command ( though I think lualatex
> is just a link to luatex with latex formated preloaded).

The core problem is, luatex doesn't handle \jobname in the same way as pdftex
when in contains spaces. This is apparent with LaTeX since it tries to \input
\jobname.aux at begin document.

I seem to remember this was already discussed on the luatex list, I'll look into
the archives. In the meanwhile, I recommend that you just don't use spaces in
file names with LaTeX.

Manuel.