[lltx] Fail to compile documents with lualatex

Yan Zhou zhouyan1014 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 12:03:31 CEST 2010

Sorry for forget to attach a test file.
Below is a minimal test file.

\documentclass{book}

\title{foo}
\author{foo}

\begin{document}
\maketitle
\end{document}

Later I found that the problem seems to be related to the file name. While the file name contains space, lualatex fails, otherwise it performs good. eg, with the minimal test file as above, if I name the finale "a b.tex", in terminal, The following is produced

$ cat a\ b.tex
\documentclass{book}

\title{foo}
\author{foo}

\begin{document}
\maketitle
\end{document}

$ lualatex a\ b.tex
This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.60.1-2010052109 (TeX Live 2010/pretest) (rev 3685)
 restricted \write18 enabled.
("./a b.tex"
LaTeX2e <2009/09/24>
LuaTeX adaptation of babel <v3.8l-luatex-1.4> and hyphenation patterns for engl
ish, dumylang, nohyphenation, loaded.
(/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/book.cls
Document Class: book 2007/10/19 v1.4h Standard LaTeX document class
(/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/bk10.clo))

! LaTeX Error: Missing \begin{document}.

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.6 \begin{document}

?