[lltx] kerning; am i mad?

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 21:06:00 CEST 2010

On 07/06/2010, at 3:57 AM, Will Robertson wrote:

>> Using "\font\1=name:Verdana:script=latn\1 Test" I get kerning, so for some reason fontspec stopped applying default script.
>
> That part of the code did get changed recently.
> I'll take a closer look tomorrow. Good to hear I'm not totally crazy.

I've reduced the problem down to this:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{luaotfload}
\begin{document}
\def\check#1{\directlua{
local function check_script(id, script)
   local s = string.lower(script)
   if id and id > 0 then
       local otfdata = fonts.ids[id].shared.otfdata
       if otfdata then
           local features = otfdata.luatex.features
           for i,_ in pairs(features) do
               for j,_ in pairs(features[i]) do
                   if features[i][j][s] then
                       return true
                   end
               end
           end
       end
   end
end
 if check_script(font.id("#1"), "latn") then tex.print("true") else tex.print("false") end
}
}
\font\1={name:Verdana}
\check{1}
{\font\2={name:Verdana}\2}
\check{2}
{\global\font\3={name:Verdana}\3}
\check{3}
\end{document}

I don't know if this is intentional or not (it feels like a slight bug to me), but it's obviously easy to work around.

Thanks for the help :)
-- Will