[lltx] fontspec tests suite

Diederick C. Niehorster dcnieho at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 16:08:40 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 9:57 PM, Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Will Robertson wrote:
>>
>> On 04/06/2010, at 11:11 PM, Diederick C. Niehorster wrote:
>>
>>> BTW does anybody know what to do on windows with a make-file (never
>>> tried...)?
>>
>> Not exactly. I suspect that installing Cygwin is the best way.
>
> I advise mingw + msys (+ mingw32-gcc etc, if need a C compiler) as it is
> less invasive than a full-blown cygwin installation and the tools
> generally cooperate better with a standard windows environment.
>
> The website is http://www.mingw.org

Thanks Taco and Will,

I've heard of both of those, by the description, I'd prefer Mingw, I'm
familiar with windows only and would like to keep it clean.

So for my previous suggestion, does the ImageMagick compare action
return same of different to the shell? Then we can do a move action
for those pairs that need closer, human, inspection. (though i've
never touched make-file like scripting, I wouldn't mind trying, soon.

And based on your other email announcing the test suite, what is that
fuzz factor exactly? I could imagine big fails that are only a few
pixels.. e.g. -- not being converted to en-dash, or and ft ligatue
failing. Guess (but haven't tried) that output of a given testcase
should be the same given that typesetting should be deterministic,
right? or just moving to a different system would lead to slightly
different output easily (sounds bad intuitively)? Personally, I'd
prefer the human change-detector approach, unless the false negatives
are really common.

Best,
Dee