[lltx] German Hypenation broken in LuaLaTeX for TL2010

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Thu Jul 15 12:13:17 CEST 2010

Hi,

Le 15/07/2010 02:32, Ulrik Vieth a écrit :
> I noticed that some recent updates of hyph-utf8 in TL2010 Pretest
> seem to have broken German hypenation in LuaLaTeX.

Well, not so recent (June 1st or so), but anyway...

> As of recently, LuaLaTeX uses a different hyphen configuration,
> which states that patterns for additional languages should be loaded
> at runtime,

Correct.

> yet there is no mechanism in LuaLaTeX yet to do so.

Wrong. There is such a mechanism. \bbl at patterns has been patched to use it.
Apparently polyglossia is not using this macro to load patterns (which would
make sense, since the pattern pre-loading system is from babel).

> I understand that there is work in progress, but for me this has
> broken something that used to work, without providing a new solution.

Well, a new solution is provided, but we forgot to check if it would work ootb
with polyglossia. OTOH, polyglossia is not officially supporting LuaTeX...

> Maybe the hyhpen config in TL2010 should setup shoud be kept
> differently for context/luatex and for lualatex, at least
> temporarily until a better solution for latex is available.

The configuration is already entirely different for context, luatex and
lualatex, fwiw.

> What do you think?

Would it be okay for you to use a modified language switching macro with
polyglossia? If so, I can provide you with such a macro (just give me a test
file, so that I can test it).

Manuel.