[lltx] Re: luamicrotype?

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Fri Feb 26 09:31:53 CET 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 09:36:09PM +0200, Elie Roux wrote:
> Hello Robert,
>
> thank you for your answer!
>
> >You seem to be steering towards reinventing the wheel here (and
> >the axis, too).

Well, I confess, I've an ulterior motive; I want to get ride of as
legacy TeX macro code as possible, and to me microtype is nothing but a
pile of code written in a weired macro language that I'll never be able
to comprehend. So why tie ourselves with legacies, where all what we
need, to get microtype support in fontspec, is few tens of lines written
in an elegant, easy to understand programming language? (most of the
needed work is already done in luaotfload).