[lltx] polytonic Greek hyphenation

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Wed Dec 22 13:52:47 CET 2010

Am Wed, 22 Dec 2010 12:49:41 +0100 schrieb Pablo Rodríguez:

>>> almost three months ago I asked in the tex-hyphen mailing list about the
>>> possibility of (polytonic) Greek hyphenation and I was told that you
>>> were working on a fix to that.

>> I can't remember exactly what the the problem was, but if it was about catcodes,
>> then the fix is available in TeX Live since October 9.

> Thanks for your reply, Manuel.

> This is all Greek to me. As far as I can remember, catcodes were
> discussed, but with TeXLive 2010 updated yesterday polytonic Greek isn't
> hyphenated at all.

Your example in the old thread (with \usepackage[greek]{babel})
works fine for me (miktex 2.9 + lualatex). I don't read greek but
showhyphens shows   χα-λε-πὰ and I see one hyphenated word in the
text.

To get it working you need

1. a current lualatex.ini which contains the line
\input luatex-unicode-letters.tex

2. the luatex-unicode-letters.tex

3. A lualatex format which has been generated with the above
lualatex.ini

4. I also needed to activate the greek patterns in miktex settings.

--
Ulrike Fischer