[lltx] Use system font Monaco on Mac OS X

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Wed Dec 15 11:18:50 CET 2010

On 12/15/10 10:47, Patrick Gundlach wrote:

> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \setmonofont{Monaco}
> \begin{document}
> \begin{verbatim}
>     foo
> \end{verbatim}
> \end{document}
>
> I get the following error message:
>
> luaotfload | Font names database not found, generating new one.
>              This can take several minutes; please be patient.
> luaotfload | Updating the font names database:
> luaotfload | Scanning TEXMF fonts...
> luaotfload | Scanning OS fonts...
> ! LuaTeX error ...0/texmf-dist/tex/luatex/luaotfload/otfl-luat-dum.lua:67: bad
> argument #2 to 'find_file' (invalid option 'truetype dictionary').

kpse doesn't know about 'truetype dictionary' as a file type to search
for, it only knows about 'truetype fonts' (which can be ttc files).
Context's file finder (that does not use kpse) does indeed have
'truetype dictionary' as an actual file type, so that is probably
where the find_file() error comes from.

Nevertheless, the font should have been discovered by an earlier
attempt, so that is not the cause of the problem, I think.

Best wishes,
Taco