[lltx] luacolor bug

Damien Robert Damien.Robert__sent01 at normalesup.org
Fri Dec 10 22:02:14 CET 2010

Hi everyone.

I hope I am sending this to the right mailing list. I have been playing
with lualatex, and stumbled upon some bugs. These bugs are with the
texlive-2010 packages, upgraded as of today.

1) A bug in latextra:

\documentclass{minimal}
\usepackage{luatextra}
\begin{document}
\setromanfont{Latin Modern Roman} Test
\setmainfont{Latin Modern Roman} Test
\fontspec{Latin Modern Roman} Test
\end{document}

This document prints some \@tempswatrue\@tempswafalse on the document after
each call to fontspec. A workaround is to load fontspec before luatextra.

2) A bug in luacolor:

\documentclass{minimal}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{luacolor}
\defaultfontfeatures{Ligatures=TeX}
\setmainfont{Latin Modern Roman}
\begin{document}
Foo--Bar---Foo
\end{document}

luacolor breaks the Tex Ligatures. I think it also breaks Font expansion
and protusion, but it is easier to see on the ligature. Loading luacolor
before fontspec solves the problem _in this example_, but it is quite
fragile. When I activate Font expansion and protusion and loads some other
packages, the TeX ligatures are still broken even when loading luacolor
before fontspec (I did not quite manage to produce a minimal example for
this case, I can try if you wish to).

3) fontspec loads xunicode which is incompatible with amssymb (if amssymb
   is loaded after fontspec). A quick
   search on google show that people are aware of this bug, but I don't
   know if the last two bugs are new.