[lltx] fontspec and xunicode

Leo sdl.web at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 13:56:00 CEST 2010

On 2010-08-05 08:44 +0100, Will Robertson wrote:
>> Well, I can not actually upload fontspec to CTAN since I am unable
>> to build the documentation :) (even if I got all the non-free fonts,
>> I still can not generate the AAT examples). I think, adding the PDFs
>> of the examples to the repository would help anyone to build the
>> documentation without the fonts.
>
> Hmm, good point. I don't really want to add the PDFs to the repository
> since they're effectively derived files, but if necessary you can get
> the PDFs from CTAN.

I also avoid adding binary files to git repositories since they tend to
make the repo really big in a short time (there's no delta compression
etc). One workaround is to create a new branch to commit those pdfs and
once in a while (say once per year) delete and recreate the 'pdf'
branch. In essence the 'pdf' branch becomes more of a storage space
rather than revision control.

> -- Will

Leo