[lltx] fontspec and xunicode

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu Aug 5 10:10:55 CEST 2010

Am Thu, 5 Aug 2010 17:06:04 +0930 schrieb Will Robertson:

>> Based on the previous discussion here, I think there is a general
>> agreement that a simple wrapper around xunicode is better than forking
>> it.

> Where the wrapper == fontspec? (As I just implemented.)
> Or do you mean an entirely separate package that is loaded individually?

I think it is good idea if xunicode is loaded by fontspec. People
had a tendency to load it at wrong moment (before fontspec).

I haven't look at your implementation but I think two things are
important:

1. fontspec should load xunicode even if it has already been load
before (to force the correct definitions for the EUxx-encodings) or
at least give a warning if it has already been loaded.

2. There should be an option "no-xunicode" to supress the loading of
xunicode. (Not so useful for users but good for tests. You can't
make good minimal documents if packages load tons of other
packages.)

--
Ulrike Fischer