[lltx] Proposed: LuaLaTeX minimals

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 15:23:10 CEST 2010

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Vafa Khalighi <vafa at users.berlios.de> wrote:
> I think you can always get the latest luatex binary by:
>
> rsync -av
> rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/current/bin/luatex/linux/bin/luatex
> /usr/local/texlive/2009/bin/i386-linux/
Yes ,my idea is a sort of bash/batch script that does all work.
We can assume a sort of power user,
I mean one who knows how to setup a texlive, use tlmgr, rsync
eventually build luatex , install fonts etc.
The great thing of context minimals (for a linux user as me) is
. setup
and the new minimals is ready to go.
I have more than one minimals  and they live without conflicts ---
disk space is not more a problem today.
Sometimes a new minimals is broken, but it's not a problem --I always
have the last one ok
or sometimes I make some nasty things --- but then erase all and
reinstall is a matter of 20 minutes.
It's ok for testing.
--
luigi