[lltx] Proposed: LuaLaTeX minimals

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Sat Apr 3 12:26:21 CEST 2010

Khaled Hosny wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 02, 2010 at 12:07:10PM +0200, luigi scarso wrote:
>> I suppose we all know context minimals.
>> I find it a good way to test luatex + context.
>>
>> Until now, to test luaLatex by my own, I download a context minimals
>> insert somewhere a latex/base/* branch and integrate with missing files.
>> It's not  so difficult  --- only annoying.
>>
>> It's should be nice to have a sort of luaLaTeX minimals .
>
> I was thinking in this too, but in different way; having a lualatex
> texlive repository with additional packages or updated versions than
> those in texlive, so one can install texlive (this can be any scheme)
> and updated lualatex packages from our repo, but I don't know enough
> about tlmgr and its package repositories to do it myself (nor do I know
> where to host it).

That’s a great thing and I’d love to have this kind of package. But one
question: Would it contain updated binaries, too? I would do a lot more
of testing and playing around with luaLaTeX, but as the TL binaries of
luaTeX are outdated, I don’t want to mess my system by building luatex
myself. I’d feel much more comfortable using a texlive package for this …

cheers
Arno