[latexrefman] the value the meaning

Vincent Belaïche vincent.belaiche at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 21:38:16 CEST 2020

Hello both,
I did not propagate your (Karl's) change yet, as there was some
misalignment on \@ifstar node and other changes pending (cf.
punctuations after @…ref{} commands).

When Jim translated the \@ifstar node from French he improved the text
in some part, but omitted some of the information. Maybe this was
international, I cannot remember if we discussed this. That concerns
the point that the star * can be considered like some sort of optional
argument. I think that it can help the non expert readers to
understand better the différence between starred commands and starred
environments.

Your feedback on this and checking my English is most welcome.

  V.