[latexrefman] Layout of sectional units

Vincent Belaïche vincent.belaiche at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 14:36:34 CEST 2020

Dear Jim,

With Karl's latest change I realised that your r649 was incompletely
propagated to the French version (notably the article template). I am
fixing this now, and that will be my last change before publishing the
French version to CTAN.

Looking at 648->649 changes I saw that the title of \@startsection was
improved to « Layout of sectional units ».

I think that the title is still not fully clear. What we speak about
here is not the layout of the unit itself but typesetting its heading.

I propose to change this to « Typesetting sectional unit headings »,
what do you think?
In French it is easier because « rubrique » means firstly the
sectional unit heading, and only by metonymy the unit itself, so the
French would just be « Composer les rubriques » (rubrique is from
Latin rubrica = red earth, because sectional unit heading used to be
typeset in brick red color).

  V.