[latexrefman] latex2e-help-texinfo-fr possible mistranlation

Cesar Rabak csrabak at yahoo.com.br
Fri Aug 21 19:47:09 CEST 2020

I've searched this list and learned only language for traffic here is English.
The present French translation (README ver string "2017-08-08 21:52:24Z vincentb1", and "285 20/07/2014 21:40:48 Z vincentb1" in latex2-fr-texi, but with an annotation "@set UPDATED Août 2017"), in the @node Sectioning (chapter Des rubriques [@cindex rubricage]) contains (in the rendering of the compiled documents, the example is from the .txt in the MiKTeX 2.9 doc folder after the package installed):
<quote>6 Des rubriques***************
Les commandes de rubricage fournissent les moyens de structurer votre texte en unités sectionnelles, ou rubriques :
‘\part’‘\chapter (seulement pour classes report et book)’‘\section’‘\paragraph’‘\subsubsection’‘\paragraph’‘\alinea’
</quote>
Which I surmise has been "overtranlated", because in the first appearance of ‘\paragraph’ it would be ‘\subsection’ and instead of ‘\alinea’ it would be expected ‘\subparagraph’ (LaTeX does not have the command names translated, except, perhaps, via some class or package full of ‘\renewcommand’s).
Whereas it has been easy to correct in the local copies of the document, I would like to share this so the maintainer can decide if proceeding, to amend the source in the CTAN package in the first opportunity.
HTH
-- Cesar Rabak GNU/Linux User 52247. Get counted: http://counter.li.org/