[latexrefman] What does « write part of a line » mean ?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Mar 31 00:57:17 CEST 2020

    Description of \message menu entry in node \write.

I changed it to:
* \message::          Write text to log file and terminal.

    My understanding is that the line is completely written expect for the EOL.

\message has nothing to do with lines, one way or another. It just
writes text. TeX might insert a line break, or not.

While I was at it, I changed the \write18 description to:
* \write18::          Run an operating system command.

"Write to the operating system" (what was there before)
feels too clever. --thanks, karl.