[latexrefman] Spaces (horizontal commands)

Hefferon, Jim S. jhefferon at smcvt.edu
Sat Jun 16 16:24:41 CEST 2018

I did the horizontal spacing commands; vertical ones I'll do another day.  I added synopses. I added subsections for \hss and for tie, ~.  (I'm not a fan of manuals that give prescriptions on what to do with the commands -- I absolutely hate Beamer's telling me how to lay out my slides -- but some mention of common tie usage advice seemed called for.)

I reordered a little, changing the two subsections on \(SPACE) to one, thereby giving \@ a subsection of its own.  Added examples, adjusted wording, added error messages.

Since \makebox and \mbox are referenced from the above, I touched those. I combined the two sections into one.  But this needs more work, including examples and error messages.

Jim

According to a 1983 investigation by Canadian Broadcasting Corporation producer Brian Vallee, the lemming scenes were faked. The lemmings supposedly committing mass suicide by leaping into the ocean were actually thrown off a cliff by the Disney filmmakers. --http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=wildlifenews.view_article&articles_id=56