[latexrefman] \@startsection added to English

Vincent Belaïche vincent.belaiche at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 12:47:10 CEST 2017

Hello Jim,

No suprise that google-translate may have done strange thing. The French
for section is rubrique, with the nuance that rubrique is a generic term
that can apply to chapter, section, subsection, etc. There is no such
word as rubricage in French, but I used it to translate sectionning,
because anyway it is both concise and fully understandable --- I explain
this in the README-fr

I will double-check your translation and the added information when
times allow.

Concerning \@ifstar, I  have just made some upgrade of Makefile.1 and I
see that there other inconsistency between node list:

$ alias make='make -f Makefile.1'

$ make compare-nodes-fr

gives out :

12d11
< \@@ifstar
79a79
 > \vline
82d81
< \vline
114a114,115
 > Footnotes of footnotes
 > Multiple reference to footnotes
117a119
 > \providecommand
189c191
< Non-English characters
---
 > Additional Latin letters
222d223
< License translation
==================================
Node list between fr and en differ

    Vincent.

Le 26/07/2017 à 13:21, Hefferon, James S. a écrit :
> I translated the French to an English; Google translate did some strange things.  I  added some more details.  (I have in the past found this command to be one that needs *much* more documentation.  Who knew that the negative of 1pt plus 2pt minus 3pt is -1pt plus -2pt minus -3pt?)  I also added an example of putting in an entirely new sectioning unit, including the counters, marks, etc.
>
> I have not done \@ifstar yet.
>
> Jim

> The first thing that comes to mind is that the error message may be factually correct.
>    --Harald Hanche-Olsen

---