[latexrefman-discuss] [latexrefman-commits] r554 - in /trunk: ChangeLog Makefile.1 latex2e-fr.texi latex2e.texi license.texi

Vincent Belaïche vincent.belaiche at domain.hid
Thu Nov 24 10:58:12 CET 2016

Done. More answers below.

Le 23/11/2016 à 23:00, Karl Berry a écrit :
>     * license.texi: dos2unix + svn propset svn:eol-style to LF.
>
> I think that file should not exist. It's just another redundant copy ->
> unnecessary complication. You should be able to do your comparisons
> against the version in latex2e.texi?
>
> In addition (since this topic is dragging on and on and on

I wish too that this point goes to an end in the end. I think that we
pursue the same objective but we just suffered from insufficient
communication about how to achieve it.

> ), it seems to me the comparisons are entirely unnecessary in the
> first place. The license has never changed, and will never change

The point is to make sure that the license text in @copying will remain
the original English text, and will not be translated by mistake --- as
I did at the beginning, and as the Spanish translator did too --- well,
that would indeed be a big mistake now because the surrounding text
makes it clear that there is already some translation in annex, and that
the translation is informative only. Anyway, adding this check does not
cost that much, and now it is there in Makefile.1.

> (even if we wanted to, which we don't), because the original authors
> are uncontactable.

Who knows, we could use the service of a medium...

  V.

> -k

---