[latexrefman-discuss] [latexrefman-commits] r550 - /trunk/

Vincent Belaïche vincent.belaiche at domain.hid
Sun Nov 20 12:13:33 CET 2016

After a night of sleep I think that I have a better idea:

We could keep the license.texi file and @include-sion as they are, but
place at the begining of each *.texi file the license text in an
@ignore... at domain.hid ignore block. This way :

- the license text would be physically in the files, which is what you
  wish,

- it would be right at the beginning, immediately after the \input
  texinfo.tex line, so impossible to miss it, and

- consistency of license text could be easy to check by adding some
  check-license-<lang> targets in the makefiles : that would extract the
  license from the source code by some AWK inline script into some
  temporary file and compare this to license.texi

  Vincent.

Le 19/11/2016 à 23:50, Vincent Belaïche a écrit :
> It was in 2016-04, not last year !
>
> OK, happy new year in anticipation :-D ;-P !
>
> Anyway, no problem, I will undo the change next time I do a commit.
>
> So to recap : I suppress the license.texi file, change the two makefiles
> accordingly, and put into the latex2e*.texi files the license text.
>
> BTW, I had done license.texi job only for English and French, not
> Spanish.
>
>   Vincent.
>

> Le 19/11/2016 à 23:43, Karl Berry a écrit :
>>     pushing the license to a separated @include'd file
>>     was requested by you in your email
>>
>> Oops! How quickly I forget :). Sorry for the back and forth, but today I
>> think my opinion today is correct, and my opinion last year was wrong :).
>> Let's keep the license text in the main source files, not @included.
>> Thanks again.

---