[latexrefman-discuss] [latexrefman-commits] r537 - in /trunk: ChangeLog NEWS-fr README README-fr latex2e-fr.texi latex2e.texi

Karl Berry karl at domain.hid
Wed Sep 7 00:35:19 CEST 2016

    these are the two entries in
    the concept index.

I know, but that's not the point.  The point, which I admit I failed to
express clearly, is that it doesn't make sense to index a widely-used
concept in a place it is merely mentioned in passing, not explained (and
it shouldn't be explained there).

    \newcounter{toto}\setcounter{toto}{2}{\setcounter{toto}{3}}==\thetoto==
    will output ==3==

Wow.  Yes, something to be written.

    I did the mistake as I thought that we had merged these two
    indices as you wanted to do that.

It's true that in general I prefer to have one index, and I don't see
any great advantage to two indexes for latexrefman.

However, the way to do that in Texinfo is to use @synindex or
@syncodeindex; that way, the "proper" index command can still be used.

Thanks,
Karl