[latexrefman-discuss] [latexrefman-commits] r537 - in /trunk: ChangeLog NEWS-fr README README-fr latex2e-fr.texi latex2e.texi

Karl Berry karl at domain.hid
Tue Sep 6 00:35:40 CEST 2016

Vincent,

    * latex2e.texi (\newenvironment & \renewenvironment): Add an
    @findex for ``group''.

It doesn't make sense to index a concept like "group" or "positional
parameter" every time it needs to be used in an explanation.  It would
be too frequent to be useful.  (We should have a general explanation of
the group concept somewhere early on.)

Please normally put @*index commands at the beginning of the containing
paragraph (unless the paragraph is exceptionally long, in which case it
should most likely be split up), rather than at the exact place where
the phrase occurs.  This both keeps the source more readable and is more
useful for readers because it provides context when looking up the term.
I know that implies the page reference in TeX might be wrong in unlucky
cases, but I think it's worth the price.

Please try to keep lines in the ChangeLog (and latex2e.texi) to <=79 chars.

Thanks,
Karl