[latexrefman-discuss] node « Non-English characters »

Vincent Belaïche vincent.belaiche at domain.hid
Mon Jan 25 17:27:30 CET 2016

Hello all,

I suggest that we rename this node for two reasons :

- first, about what non-English means, e.g. if you search « Açai berry »
  on the Internet with asking of English sites only you will find quite
  a number of hits spelt with a cedilla... Well, English speaking people
  tend more and more to also use latin extensions for exotic words,
  especially when otherwise the pronunciation would be fuzzy...

- second, and foremost, this does not really refer just to non English,
  there are quite plenty of non English letters (such as Chinese,
  Arabic, Hebrew, etc...) which are not covered in this node. Indeed,
  this node is about Latin alphabet extension.

I propose to rename the node  to « Additional letters of the Latin
alphabet », this indeed is the title of this Wikipedia page :

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lettres_suppl%C3%A9mentaires_de_l'alphabet_latin

Do you agree ?

  Vincent.