[latexrefman-discuss] @node tabular and \tabcolsep

Vincent Belaïche vincent.belaiche at domain.hid
Thu Aug 27 12:57:11 CEST 2015

Answers below:

Le 27/08/2015 12:32, Hefferon, James S. a écrit :

>> Finally, concerning the `@{...}' specifier, I don't like very much the
> use of @var{text or space} symbol, because:
>
> ..
>
>> 2) It would be better just to use @var{text} and say that @var{text} may
>    contain text, space, or _even be empty_. Beside and empty text, ie
>    `@{}' is useful if you just want to remove the \tabcolsep('s) as this
>    place.
>
> The other changes are OK with me.  Here, I want to also include the
> idea that a person can put in something like \hspace{2em}.  If you
> have in mind wording that does the, then lets make the change.

I agree with the suggestion, @{...} is the right construct to make
custom spacing. It also allows to make custom vertical rules.

There should be also some link to some new node about custom specifiers
made with \newcolumn, because when a @{...} trick is often used
throughout a document it is more practical to use a custom column
specifier.

   Vincent.

> Jim

[...]