[latexrefman-discuss] \centering, \raggedright, \raggedleft

Vincent Belaïche vincent.belaiche at domain.hid
Mon Aug 24 00:08:20 CEST 2015

Le 23/08/2015 23:42, Karl Berry a écrit :
>     I ran across this issue for the case of \centering
>
> Thanks Jim.  I thought I saw something come through.  My brain can't
> read this right now, but I can say I think we should just point to
> \centering from \raggedleft and \raggedright instead of duplicating the
> (necessarily nontrivial) explanation ... -k

I definitely support the idea of commonalizing text and making a cross
reference.

My only comment on Jim's proposal in his previous email is that we
should consistently use some "end of paragraph" mark term rather than
"blank line", and refer to node "Making paragraphs" to explain that an
EOP is made either of \par command or of a sequence of at least one
blank line, where "blank" means "empty or containing only whitespace
(not even %....)".

BTW, node "Making paragraphs" does not mention \par, which I agree
should be used to make paragraphs only in macros, not within the normal
text flow. Anyway, this should be explained too.

   Vincent.

---