[latexrefman-discuss] Each line must be terminated with the control sequence @code{\\}.

Vincent Belaïche vincent.belaiche at domain.hid
Sun Aug 23 11:08:46 CEST 2015

Le 22/08/2015 23:44, Karl Berry a écrit :
>          Lines are wrapped without hyphenation to fit in the \linewidth, the
>          use of control sequence @code{\\} allows you to force a newline.
>
>     Do you agree ?
>
> I certainly agree with the analysis, but I'd like to fix it
> differently.  Please give me a day or so and I'll try to commit
> something.  Thakns.

If you go into commonalizing some aspects of \raggedleft, \raggedright
and \centering into a single node, as I suggested in my previous mail on
the other thread about \end, then it would be good also to mention that
these command redefine \\ in a way that you cannot do simply

\begin{tabular}{>{\raggedleft}p{0.5\linewidth}}
some line\\
\end {tabular}

You need to use \arraybackslash:

\begin{tabular}{>{\raggedleft\arraybackslash}p{0.5\linewidth}}
some line\\
\end {tabular}

Or \tabularnewline instead of \\ --- as far as I can remember, I never do that but
use \arraybackslash rather:

\begin{tabular}{>{\raggedleft}p{0.5\linewidth}}
some line\tabularnewline
\end {tabular}

  V.

---