[latexrefman-discuss] Each line must be terminated with the control sequence @code{\\}.

Vincent Belaïche vincent.belaiche at domain.hid
Sat Aug 22 20:44:22 CEST 2015

Hello,

In current nodes flushright and flushleft one can read:

   Each line must be terminated with the control sequence @code{\\}

Please note that I recently reworded 'string' to 'control sequence' to
be more specific. But that is not the point.

My point is that one need *NOT* terminate *EACH* line by '\\', one does
that only when one wants to force a new line, doesn't one? LaTeX will
wrap line w/o hyphenation automatically.

The current text is not clear about that, I propose to replace this
sentence by:

     Lines are wrapped without hyphenation to fit in the \linewidth, the
     use of control sequence @code{\\} allows you to force a newline.

Do you agree ?

   V.

---