[l2h] math expressions being filtered out in toc

Shigeharu TAKENO shige at iee.niit.ac.jp
Fri Mar 27 09:36:35 CET 2020

shige 03/27 2020
----------------

Abhinandan Jain wrote:
| Some of the section headings however contain math expressions. I am
| finding that while the table of contents within each chapter are fine,
| the section entries in the overall, top-level table of contents are
| missing the math characters.

To workaroud the problem, please use html package provided by
latex2html and use \latexhtml command:

  \usepackage{html}
  \section{\latexhtml{$\sin x$}{sin x}}
  % or \section{\latexhtml{$\sin x$}{\HTMLcode{I}{sin x}}}
  \section{\latexhtml{$x^n$}{x\HTMLcode{SUP}{n}}}
  % or \section{\latexhtml{$x^n$}{\HTMLcode{I}{x\HTMLcode{SUP}{n}}}}