[l2h] math expressions being filtered out in toc

Abhinandan Jain Abhi.Jain at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Mar 20 19:12:37 CET 2020

I have been converting a book using the latest git version of
latex2html. Overall I have been very happy with the outcome.

Some of the section headings however contain math expressions. I am
finding that while the table of contents within each chapter are fine,
the section entries in the overall, top-level table of contents are
missing the math characters.

Commenting out the following line #2384 in latex2html

       $toc_sec_title = &purify($toc_sec_title);# if $SEGMENT;

fixed the problem. I am not entirely sure as to the purpose of this
line, but wanted to check whether it could be made optional via a
configuration setting to avoid having to tweak latex2html?

thanks

abhi